Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 1 - Launch!


Here is my own personal designated driver! Our rental car is a Hyundai Sonata. Very comfortable, but it couldn't read my ipod. :( The good news is that we have XM Radio and found a great station. We also brought along The Golden Compass on CD.
We pulled over for a photo of the western terminus.
Dwayne surprised me by pulling off of US 50 at Silver Creek. He took me to my special spot. I'm grateful I got to pay my respects to this place on the start of our trip.

We tried to cut across to HWY 88, but snow prevented.
After much research, we chose Burger Lounge for our evening meal in Lake Tahoe. They were super nice, and the spot is lovely, but the burger was just OK.
I have to admit that the burger I measure all burgers against is Johnny Rocket's #12. I do like Squeeze Inn, but they really don't attend to the quality of the beef. I like a flat-top burger with a butter grilled bun. This was not it. If you give them a try, you might ask for medium, because our burgers were well done and charred on the outside.
Onion rings. A good job well done. Yum.
Dwayne was uninterested in gambling until he saw the Star Trek area. He didn't do too bad. He made $6 last longer than my $20 did. My gambling cost $2 per minute, and it just wasn't that fun. We decided to go see Iron Man 2. We enjoyed it very much. When you go, be sure to wait until the end of the credits.
A lot of people who don't know me very well may check on this blog. Those of you who do know me won't be surprised that I took this picture. This is a fascinating light fixture in Harvey's. One of the ways that joy comes in is through the eyes. This made my eyes very happy.

Tomorrow - across the Sierra and into the desert! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment