Monday, May 10, 2010

Vacationitis

We are so ready for vacation! We are in the countdown, and it seems like there are a million things to do. I've been busy with research and have found some great tools. I'm trying to achieve a balance of not over-planning, but knowing what's in each area so we don't just see the view from the freeway.

I'll be adding some links to my blog. One of them is Flavor Town USA. It is a web site made by fans of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and it has a complete list of all the places featured on Triple D. You can search by state and each individual listing has a google map, and sometimes reviews. I've also found a lot of great information on yelp. You can search by city and they have lots of categories.

Our US 50 cross-country idea and our Triple D idea only merge periodically. There are actually way more Triple D places in CA than anywhere else - many of them here, or in the Bay Area.

Here's the breakdown:

State - Number of Triple D sites - Our route

CA 68, none on the route

NV 5, none on the route (Most near Las Vegas.)

UT 7, none on the route (We may detour into Salt Lake City, where most of these are located.)

CO Zero (Poor Colorado!)

KS 6, 1 on the route, others are reachable

MO 9, Most in KC (KC looks like a great city!)

IN 2, none on the route

OH 9, none on the route

WV 2, none on the route

VA 7, 2 on the route

DC 4, all reachable

MD 7, all in Baltimore!

So, potentially 23 meals! However, they seem to be clumped together, and I doubt we can eat 7 Triple D-worthy meals while in Baltimore. I am very excited about discovering and submitting restaurants that we find along the way. I'm sure there are many fantastic meals awaiting us in the many small towns that we'll visit between the big ones.

1 comment:

  1. My last comment did not get to you. Tina and I love Washington D. C. We are happy for you that you are having so much fun. AND you are having it together.

    ReplyDelete